Flying High Trust Vacancies
Beeston Fields Primary and Nursery School - Deputy Headteacher
Beeston Fields Primary School
Headteacher: Mrs Claire Lindsay
Number on roll: 350
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
Do you want to be part of an incredible journey?
Are you the final piece of our jigsaw to deliver the school our children all deserve?
I love our school as we are very welcoming to everyone. We are a very diverse school which is great! We have lots of visitors and trips and our teachers are the best and help us with our learning. They are supportive and funny. Year 6 Pupil
Beeston Fields is a forward thinking school who are proud to part of the Flying High Partnership. We have a sensational opportunity for a dynamic Deputy Head teacher to lead our continuous journey for improvement as part of our fantastic team.
Beeston Fields has been on a significant improvement journey. Through the support of the trust, and a clear vision for our children the school now has in place strong foundations to deliver on our ambition to create the ‘best school in the universe’. The successful candidate will form part of our an incredible, driven and ambitious team, who are determined to deliver the best possible opportunities for our children.
My daughter is very happy and enjoys coming to Beeston Fields School. She’s coming on brilliantly and a lot of this has been down to teachers who have always made her feel included. That feeling of contentment when your child is at school and hasn’t any problems is priceless. Parent
As Deputy Head Teacher you will have particular responsibility for leading and managing ‘Curriculum and Standards’ across school. You will also take on the role of Pupil Premium Champion, devising and implementing our Pupil Premium Strategy. You will be joining our Year 6 teachers every morning providing focused support to small groups of children to ensure that they are confident and ready for the next stage of their education.
What we can offer:
- A wonderfully diverse school where the children are eager to learn, determined to be the best school in the Universe
- A passionate, positive and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision
- Dedicated leadership time and PPA (0.5 per week)
- A strong network of schools who support each other and share best practice.
- A commitment to quality CPD as part of the Flying High Trust, including access to the National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership.
- Significant support through both the Head teacher and the trust, ensuring that you will succeed in this role.
- The chance to progress in your career as a system leader or even on to Headship.
- The opportunity to play a key role in our journey of rapid improvement
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a successful school leader who is eager to take on the next challenge in their career
- Promotes high standards of teaching and learning through excellent classroom practice
- Has a passion to ensure that all children reach their full potential
- Has the ability to inspire, lead and motive all members of the school community to achieve the highest standards
- Has the ability to contribute to the development of a clear strategy and vision for the continuous improvement of our school
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and is a true team player
- Will play an active part in the wider life of our school
- Has a sense of humour!
There is such a positive atmosphere around school with strong backing from leadership and support staff. Children love being in school, this is evident in the pride they show consistently in and around school. CPD is encouraged and supported for all staff – this ensures that everyone gets the chance to develop or learn something new. Member of staff
If you feel that this post may be for you then please contact school for an application pack.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and highly recommended. Please call the Office Staff on 0115 844 0100 to arrange a visit.
Alternatively, please send a large, SAE to the address above.